Casper's Calligram Project

 


Estimated time: 2 and a half hours

    I enjoyed doing this project a lot more than the coding project, this was a lot more up my speed and a lot easier to figure out how to use and create the shapes I wanted to create. I am a commercial fisherman and spear-fisherman and when I am currently working on becoming a fishing you tuber/influencer, and have some huge collaborations coming up to try and full-fill my dreams. So I made a picture of my favorite fish to catch on line, a yellowfin tuna.

    I have never used Adobe Illustrator before, so it was very fun to try and figure out, and felt a lot more rewarding to make this image. Over all I love how the image turned out, because I used very small font to try and sharpen the shapes up a bit better so you could clearly see what it was, and with the color scheme I used, I think it tied the picture together and it turned out great. The image I took the inspiration from is shown below:


The letter I wrote to my future self is listed below:

Dear Casper in the future,


In 20 years time I really hope you are working the job you have always wanted and still living in the Bahamas fishing and diving non stop because of the job. I hope that you worked hard enough to buy the one thing you have always wanted, a 32 foot contender with twin 300 horsepower Yamaha four strokes, and I hope you are slaying the fish in it. One thing i want to say is if you do make it on social media from the big collaborations you did, be sure to not forget where you came from and stay humble, because you don’t want to be hated for changing up on yourself and the people around you. Make sure you stick with the people that have been with you since day one and figure out the fakes that are around you before it is too late. 


However if it doesn’t all work out don’t let it get to you and be sure to work hard and still try to accomplish some of your goals that you want in life, such as the boat, and to be able to fish religiously with whatever job you are doing, because you know how not being on the ocean affects you, from being in college in the middle of a city and not being able to fish and dive. I hope you have your life completely set up and figured out 20 years from now, but if not just know you tried your hardest and that if you work as hard as I know you would have been that everything's going to be alright eventually. Any ways I am not going to hold you any longer, get on with whatever you were doing before reading this.


All the best,

Your teenage self.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Propoganda Poster

Casper's Logo Project

BW to Color Photos